Desierto norte de Chile

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Of lakes and volcanoes

The second half of my weekend excursion to southern Chile last weekend was spent in Pucon, at the foot of the incredibly majestic Volcan Villarrica. I took a morning bus from Valdivia to Villarrica, where I wandered around the lakeshore and snapped over 100 photos of the volcano *see below...I found them spectacular*. Then I hopped the local Vipu-Ray bus company transit to Pucon. My new friend Juan Carlos, from GBU-Beauchef and Comunidad Santiago (my church group and christian student group), hosted me Saturday and Sunday. His dad is a really good cook! I enjoyed some salmon, lomo filete (thin fried beef), vegetable salad, and lots of great palta (avacado/guacamole). Juank and his friends from Pucon put on a concert -- called "Cafe concierto", or "coffee with concert" -- and they rocked the backroom of their church. Juank even dazzled with a Hillsong hit in english! Sunday afternoon, Juan Carlos, his sister, and I took another Jac bus to Temuco, where his mother lives. I ate "la once" (basically supper) with them and then caught my night bus back to Santiago from Temuco. I arrived back in a drizzly, cold Santiago around 7:30 a.m. Monday morning and was at work by around 9 a.m.





























1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, July 29, 2008, Blogger elizabeth said...

love the pics...know that you are having blast! hope we'll get to see you soon...lucy can't wait to meet you : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

    Newer›  ‹Older